5 Digital Marketing Resolutions to Make Your Business More Successful in 2019
Digital marketing is an ongoing effort, not a set of sudden resolutions, but in the spirit of the season we’ve come up with five New Year’s resolutions that can guide your digital marketing efforts all year long.
- Deliver an excellent online customer experience. Customer retention is the lifeblood of any business, and the best way to make sure you keep your customers is to keep them happy. Start the year by reviewing all your online offerings from the customer's perspective to determine whether you’re giving them a great experience with your brand. Is your website easy to use, with an intuitive navigation and robust functionality that works well on any device? Does your site have all the information a customer might need in way that makes it easy to find? If you have an ecommerce store, is your checkout process seamless? If someone posts a review on a third-party site or your social media pages, does someone from your company reach out quickly and courteously to resolve their issue?
- Optimize your website for search. Having a website won’t help you reach your audience if no one can find it. Give your website the best chance of appearing high in search results by optimizing for voice search, visual search, and featured snippets. Make sure your site is mobile friendly, and that your content effectively uses keywords, meta data, tags, and internal and external links.
- Create exceptional, user-focused content. Content marketing is a powerful and relatively low-cost way to establish the authority of your brand, reach your target audience, and build strong relationships with your customers by providing them with valuable information. Create high-quality, compelling content that solves your customers’ problems and makes their lives better.
- Monitor and improve your online reputation. On the internet, reputation is everything. Make sure yours is stellar by monitoring your brand mentions, responding quickly to all comments and complaints, and asking customers to write reviews of your business.
- Review all marketing channels and focus on the ones that deliver the best results. The key to successful marketing is knowing what works and what doesn’t. For 2019, commit to taking a comprehensive look at all your digital marketing efforts—email (campaigns and newsletters), social (Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), search (organic search and PPC), content (website content, blogs, social media posts)—and refocus your efforts on the channels that are getting you the results you want.