The instructions below are for our recommended email configuration settings. If you have any trouble or need assistance in setting up your account, we’re here to help. Please call 203-235-7777 during business hours. Additional support may be billable.
Your email can be accessed via the web using the link below. You will have to enter your email address and password.
email application / device set-up
For help setting up or configuring your email, please visit our step-by-step setup guides using the link below. These instructions cover email set-up for desktop, mobile, printers and other devices. Note: you will need to enter your email username and password.
basic email configuration
Here is the basic information that you will need to set up your email. If you are otherwise familiar with email configuration, here is what you need to know in order to use your email hosted by Web Solutions.
- Incoming Server (POP3/IMAP): secure.emailsrvr.com
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): secure.emailsrvr.com
- Username is your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Outgoing Server requires Authentication
- "Use same settings as incoming server" must be checked in Outgoing Server Authentication preferences
- Incoming Port (POP3): 110
- Incoming Port (IMAP): 143
- Outgoing Port (SMTP): 2525
email account setup
Things to note about POP:
- Only one device, usually your main computer, should be set up as POP.
- If you set up your email as POP on more than one device, emails will not download to all devices.
- If your main computer is set up to use POP, it must be set to leave a copy of the emails on the server for a set time period in order for other devices to have access to them.
Things to note about IMAP:
- Emails remain on the server so you will be able to access them on other devices at a later time.
- Deleting an email will delete it from the server; thus you will not be able to access it on other devices at a later time.
- Moving emails to a local folder, usually on your main computer for archiving, will remove them from the server and clear up space in your account.