Web Solutions Email Policies
Updated: March 3, 2017
Web Solutions’ Email Policies have been established to protect the integrity of our email server so that we can provide smooth and safe email operations for all of our email account users. If you have questions regarding any of the information contained in our Email Policies, please feel free to contact us at 203.235.7777.
To mitigate the amount of hacked email accounts, we require that all email passwords be hard to guess. Therefore passwords must:
- Contain at least 8 and no more than 30 characters
- Contain at least 1 lowercase letter
- Contain at least 1 uppercase letter
- Contain at least 1 number
- Contain at least 1 special character (blank space characters are not allowed)
Hacked Account Policy
The vast majority of hacked email accounts are due to unsecure email account passwords.
The first instance of a breached/hacked email account is considered non-billable. Each subsequent time an email account is hacked, whether it is the same email address or another from the same company, the time taken to clean up our server, reset passwords and communicate with the client will be billable time. Standard bill rates apply.
Bulk Email Policy
To ensure that we offer optimal uninterrupted service for all our clients, we must restrict all our email clients from doing anything that could jeopardize the “reputation” of our mail server. Email providers like ourselves earn reputation based on the content and quantity of the messages that we deliver. The most important way we protect our email server’s integrity is by not allowing our users to send any bulk emails (emails of similar content to multiple recipients).
Recent US law (including the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003) places stringent legal requirements on email providers to regulate all emails sent from their server (e.g., email providers must provide a way for users to ‘opt-out’ of receiving all kinds of bulk / mass sent emails). Due to the complexity of these regulations, our service is not intended for mass email communication or email marketing campaigns.
We monitor the volume of our clients’ email sends and may be prompted to take appropriate actions to safeguard our server and the integrity of our clients’ emails.
If a user is found to be sending bulk emails, the time taken to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve any issues on our email server is billable to the client. Standard bill rates apply.
If you have any questions about bulk email and whether or not your communications may fall under this category, please contact us.
The following actions are prohibited in our email server environment:
- Sending emails in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law
- Sending, uploading, distributing or disseminating or offering to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content
- Intentionally distributing viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature
- Conducting or forwarding pyramid scheme content
- Transmitting content that may be harmful to minors
- Initial setup of domain and email accounts on our server
- The setup of new alias/POP3/IMAP/Exchange email accounts is considered part of monthly hosting services rendered and is not billed unless it is in excess of two independent service requests per month or ten requests within any twelve-month period
- Initial sending of training documentation for various third-party email client setup, such as Outlook, MacMail, Thunderbird, smart phones, etc.
- Troubleshooting and resolving any emails issues that are not a direct result of third-party email clients and are occurring because of an issue with our email server
- Additional training or configuration of settings in third-party email clients such as Outlook, MacMail, Thunderbird,
smart phones, etc.
- If Web Solutions is asked to investigate a client-reported issue with the sending/receiving of email that is the result of an issue outside of Web Solutions' products and services (e.g., Internet Service Provider, internal network issue),
said diagnosis and support may be billed to the client.
- Any email support that extends over the allowed non-billable support of 2 requests per month or 10 requests in a 12-month period
Amount / Size of Accounts
- Pop/IMAP accounts are available at $2 per account per month with a 25gb limit.
- Exchange accounts are 100gb
Client is responsible for operating within all applicable state and federal regulations and laws, including but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Sarbanes–Oxley Act, and the US CAN-SPAM Act. Additionally, client is responsible for implementing all mandated technical requirements of applicable regulations and laws including but not limited to encryption, archival, backup, opt-in / opt-out, and electronic discovery.